The new arrangements for the new school year are designed to achieve the following outcomes:
1. To secure the safe return for all pupils and staff
2. To prevent viral spread within the school setting
3. To re-establish relationships and routines throughout the school community
4. To secure consistent, sustained and uninterrupted education for all pupils within the school setting and throughout the entire school year.
Accordingly, to achieve these aims, we need the full support of everyone. In addition, we request that everyone recognises that the new arrangements are in place for the safety, well - being and development of all.
The key arrangements in place to secure the above outcomes are outlined below:
1. No child should attend school if they have any Covid symptoms at all.
2. Each class in each year group will commence and end the day at a different time.
3. ONLY pupils are permitted to enter the school grounds. No parent ( except for nursery and P1 parents) should enter the school grounds.
4. Year groups will enter/exit the school grounds and the school building via different entrance points
5. Temperature checking, enhanced handwashing and hand santisiation will take place for all school users during the school day.
6. Each class will not be in contact with other classes in order to protect the class bubble.
7. Breaktime and lunchtime play will take place in a separate and designated area for each class.
8. Dinners and lunches shall be consumed in the classroom.
9. Initially school staff will collect and deliver their class from and to the school gate.
10. Social distancing will be maximised at all times throughout the school day where possible
11. Initially, pupils should not bring school bags to school only a lunch box if necessary.
12. School uniforms will be worn as normal.
As the arrangements for each class are slightly different, the unique arrangements for each child will be texted to the parent/guardian.
18th Feb 2021 - 19th Feb 2021Mid term break
17th Mar 2021 - 17th Mar 2021St. Patrick's Day
2nd Apr 2021 - 9th Apr 2021Easter Holidays
12th Apr 2021 - 12th Apr 2021Staff Development Day 4
3rd May 2021 - 3rd May 2021Bank Holiday